What is a CMS?
We build all websites on a CMS (Content Management System). CMS websites allow our customers to easily manage their own website; from adding content and images to updating a product catalog or taking online reservations. The CMS interface is very user friendly and doesn’t require that you have any prior experience with complicated HTML code. If you can use Microsoft Word, you can maintain your own site.
We offer customization to existing templates or completely custom designs using the following Content Management Systems: Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal or Mambo –WordPress and Joomla are the most requested.
Read more about the Benefits of a CMS Website…
Whether you are looking for a custom website design, or updates to your existing website, we are fully prepared to help. We also offer support and employee training on how to manage your CMS once it has been completed to your satisfaction.
- Increased compatibility with browsers (no labels on your site like: “Best viewed using Internet Explorer”)
- Ease in maintaining site thereby reducing future maintenance costs
- Consistency in colors, fonts and overall look and feel of site
- Accessibility broadens your audience by not excluding anyone
- Forward browser compatibility – designed for new browsers, not old/unused ones
What can WordPress and Joomla be used for?
With thousands of extensions readily available, and opportunity for editing or adding code, the possibilities are endless! Here are some examples of how they can be used:
- Community Forums
- Classified Ads
- Online Newspaper/Magazine
- Social Networking Sites
- Educational website (complete with online registration and classes)
- Government website (since Joomla sites can pass many Section 508 standards)
- eCommerce to sell products, services, digital downloads, ebooks, etc
- Thousands more possibilities!!
A strong foundation from the start - What we INCLUDE with your website build
- Utilization of CSS, XHTML, and PHP for site development
- Submission of site to Google, Yahoo! and Bing search engines
- Google Analytics tracking and utilization of their guidelines
- Conversion form (highly recommended) for SEO and future marketing purposes
- Metatags (keywords, descriptions, titles) and headings for SEO
- Optimized images for quick loading times, and include ALT tags
- A link back to your site from ours to increase your traffic
- Search Engine Friendly (SEF) URL's
- Cross-browser compatible (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE 8 and 9)
- Responsive Design optimized for desktop, tablet and mobile
- Unlimited links, photos or text in the price - you're not limited or charged per image
- We discourage using frames, flash or other items that may decrease SEO or page accessibility.
Before selecting someone to handle the development of your site, it couldn't hurt to check out their site and ones they have developed. Be sure to ask what is included in the price.
Get a free quote on the development of your new website or a revamp of your current site now! Fill out our free Estimate form and tell us what you have in mind.